Old January 15th 05, 10:06 PM
Margaret

On 15 Jan 2005 13:37:21 -0800, Karen M. wrote:

Hi folks--
Trying to train a former feral by absentia here. My father brings a

favorite into the house, but doesn't offer any guidance about tabletops or
potted plants.

/snip/

I do not live at this house, so I can't set up a chair with a squirt gun

or other behavioral modifications. /snip/ (Cat on table: I yell "No!" He
says, "she's not hurting anything," and around we go.)

If the cat gets inconsistent commands (especially by yelling) she may
develop stress behaviors that would be worse than what's happening now.
Maybe it would be better to follow his policy, at least about table
climbing, since he will do what he wants when you're not there.

Margaret