Old January 21st 17, 02:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default I Am An Ailurophile...I Guess shrug

On 1/20/2017 7:41 PM, Bastette wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

On 1/20/2017 4:14 PM, Bastette wrote:
John Kasupski wrote:

"There are approximately 60,000 hairs per square inch on the back of a
cat and about 120,000 per square inch on its underside." (Simply double
those figures to arrive at what's typically found attached to an
ailurophile's sweater.)

In a color that starkly contrasts with your clothing.

Don't you dare wear black!

But... my cat is black! Or is that what you mean? Actually, my "black"
cat is white underneath, so if I wear light colors, he can shed black fur
on me, and if I wear dark, he can shed his belly fur.

Didn't mean much of anything. Cat fur morphs. When Persia was alive if
I wore black her grey fur stood out just as much as if she'd been a
white cat. Buffy is orange and white. Wear anything dark and it looks
like you've rolled a cat all over yourself.

Jill