Old September 3rd 11, 01:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

Default Planning for the Jellicle Ball

oohh a myzteree, i iz in barbi
"Amelia T Cat" wrote in message
Kitties, I have been thinking for a little while that it's getting to be
time to do some planning for the Jellicle Ball. There is only one full
moon in October, and this year it falls on October 12. Coincidentally, I
received a mysterious e-mail a couple of days ago that ties directly into
this subject.

The email in question comes from an account identified as "The Temple of
Bast", but I have been unable to verify where the sender is. All of my
investigation has led me nowhere. Well, actually it has lead me to too
many places. Sometimes my traces get as far as Mew York City before they
disappear, sometimes they go through Egypt, sometime through Ireland, but
they always disappear before I get final confirmation of where the sender
is. Even my best Internet investigator, Samuel Redcat, can't follow the
mail packets to their true origin.

Anyway, the message I got says that there is a tribe of cats who are
priests and priestesses of Bast, and they live at a Temple of Bast that
has never before been visited by the Community. They have heard of our
Jellicle Ball, and they would love to serve the world-wide catmunity by
hosting this year's Ball.

According to the email there is an ancient Egyptian monument in Central
Park called Cleopatra's Needle. This obelisk was originally erected in
the Egyptian city of Heliopolis on the orders of Thutmose III, around
1450 BC, then was moved to Mew York City's Central Park in 1880. It is
located just across the drive from the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
Supposedly the inscriptions on the obelisk will give us directions to
this Temple of Bast.

I think this could be at least an interesting exploration. I believe I'll
go to Mew York and check out the inscriptions. Would anyone care to join
me?

Amelia