Old January 6th 14, 06:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Dog alert!

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:

"Judith Latham" wrote in message

Boyfie knows there's a dog next door, he hears it barking. He's a
clever cat, he knows.

I'm not sure if he's clever enough to know that hearing a dog bark
through our attached walls means he knows he can expect to see one in
next doors garden. He's bright and intelligent but I'm not sure he
would get the idea. It's a kind of an abstract concept for a cat, isn't
it? Anyway, up to now, no problem with the JRT apart from from barking
for 15 mins every time someones goes by - which gives me 3/4 hour of
silence. They leave it too much alone - it's up at the window watching
for them to come home and barking at what it sees. Like at me, when I
go out for wood.. I'm not going to mention it for months, they are just
settling in.

Tweed

They are all settling in, including the dog. I hope the dog will get used
to you going in and out and won't bark at you. At least you know if anyone
is around, especially at night.

It doesn't bark when its people are home, but they seem responsible - they
are both back at work today, but one of them came back at 12.30 to let it
out, presumably to relieve itself, which is good.
It only barks when they are out. Typical separation anxiety.
AFAIK, Boyfie has not seen it yet.

Tweed