Old November 2nd 07, 04:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Default Questionz

I hope that by asking questions it is understood I did not mean to deminish
any worth of anyone to this site. It is a wonderful place to be. I have a
vision problem and don't have a screen reader at this time so it is hard to
read all the history. To not have a Jellica Ball would be a great loss.
wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello to all. My cats Oprah Anne and Princess Pasha played here for
years (starting in 1996) when I was able to get rpcc through
newsgroups via my dialup account. When that dried up, and I had to
rely on the more difficult to follow internet groups on a dialup
account, I had to give it up for a variety of reasons, the biggest of
which was lack of time, although I did check in occasionally to see
what was going on. This group was always about fun and love for me,
and I can only hope it will remain so for all of you..

I just want to take a moment to acknowledge the wonderful work that
Mietze (by way of Melissa) has done for all of us over these last
years. She alone has remembered the names of those cats, dogs,
ferrets, other furs (even a snake or two), and hoomins who have passed
to the rainbow bridge during the past years. She puts their names in
her Walk of Remembrance and has worked tirelessly on the behalf of all
of us to keep the names of those we've loved alive forever. This
year, my beloved Lissa's name was called after she died shortly after
last year's Jellicle Ball. There has been no one more dedicated to
this task than Mietze/Melissa has been, and I wish to thank her for
that.

That said (and I wish to make clear this is not aimed at those who
simply asked questions), I would like to add that those few of you who
have *complained* should be ashamed. If rpcc no longer wishes to have
a Jellicle Ball, that's fine, but it is a sad day when some in a group
of people who have supposedly been brought together by love of their
furs should attack someone who has done nothing but try to give some
consolation and solace to those who have lost their loved ones. I
have to wonder if those who have been so quick to criticize will step
up to the plate and remember those who go to the bridge this coming
year.
Ellie Terrell, former rpcc-er and mom to kitties Princess Pasha,
Phoebe & Emma