Old February 15th 04, 06:58 PM
Peggy L

(Sean Hotaling) wrote in message . com...
Are there different levels of neutering a cat

The youngest member of my family, Pirate, had one testicle that was
slow to descend. Fortunately, it did descend completely when he was
about 6 months old and I was able to have him neutered with no issues.

However, my vet said that, had the second testicle not descended, it
could have been VERY difficult to locate and remove. The "hidden"
testicle would then have then been producing testosterone and would
have caused him to act like an unneutered male.

I don't know that this is the case with your cat, but it is a
possibility. From what my vet said, I don't think there's a lot you
can do about it.

Peggy L.

A house with a cat needs no art -- Japanese saying