Old February 15th 04, 10:41 PM
Liz

(Sean Hotaling) wrote in message . com...
Are there different levels of neutering a cat? I have 4 male cats that
have been neutered and one of them still sprays from time to time.
This one cat that sprays was done by a vet overseas before I got him.
One time I noticed when he was cleaning himself he had an erection, is
this possible from a neutered cat and do some cats still spray when
neutered? I thought the process removes all the sex organs in the
male, could it be possible he only had something like a vasectomy?
Thanks, Sean

I have seen neutered males having an erection and even trying to
copulate with a female in heat. Sexual behavior is not dependent
exclusively on ovaries or testicles. A neutered animal can respond to
sexual stimulus, for instance, the call of a female or licking his
parts. Just check to see if he has his testicles. If he does, he was
vasectomized. If he doesn´t, he was neutered.