Old April 6th 09, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default LETTING THE CAT OUT

"LauraM" wrote in message
On Apr 4, 1:04 pm, "cshenk" wrote:

Some here do not have that same background or situation and may never
have.
For me now, all cats are indoor but I live in the city with too many big
streets too close. If I lived well in the country, I'd let'em sun
outside.

My cat is indoors only, but just to let others know, we have a second
home in a very rural area which means coyotes, hawks, bobcats, and god
only knows what else. My husband found a rabbit foot in our back
yard. Just the foot. The rest of the body was eaten by a coyote most
likely.

We have a raised deck about 30 feet off the ground because it's on the
side of a hill. There's no way my cat could get off the deck. I used
to take him, supervised, out onto the deck and he enjoyed sitting on
the lounge chair watching the hummingbirds and other birds frolicing
about. Now even *he* won't go out there. I wonder what he saw?
(rhetorical question) He knows a good thing when he sees it......he's
now back inside where he belongs.

It's amazing how some cats are smarter than humans that way.