Old April 20th 09, 09:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Eddy[_2_]

Default When do you "call it a day"?

wrote:
If the financial situation is sustainable, keep at it. This may seem
brutal that cost should be a factor, but as it happens, quality-of-
life goes both ways.

Peter, thanks for your advice. Yes, cost is definitely a factor. So
far his vet treatment over the past month has cost us $450.00 (in US
dollars). We are not wealthy. In fact we are living on a shoe-string.
We have swallowed that initial expense and have done the sums and can
just about manage the cost of his monthly medication bill. But we
certainly can't be having further drainings and X-rays etc. So now it's
over to the drugs and how long he can tolerate a high dose of the
diuretics per day.

Eddy.