Old March 6th 04, 06:55 AM
Kevin Krell

Not due to lack of tail. We had 2 Manx (plus their fluffy tailed
littermate) and they were extremely athletic. Extremely. Healthy,
muscular, bright, and very active.

Meghan wrote:

Hi,

I adopted a beautiful little rumpy manx (no tail whatsoever) from a Florida
Humane Society 2 months ago. He is 13 months old and not very coordinated
at all.

He is otherwise very healthy, has fine litterbox habits, has been to the vet
and has a clean bill of health. From the sparse details I got at the Humane
Society, he spent the better part of his kittenhood in a cage, which is
tragic.

My question is this - when he runs he constantly slips, he falls from the
couch or bed and lands on his side (not his feet) and generally behaves with
the coordination of an 8 week old kitten, rather than a 13 month old.

Is this because he was in a cage and didn't develop coordination, or is it
his lack of tail? Anyone with any info please let me know your opinion.

Thanks.
Meghan