Old August 8th 08, 11:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Default For all you sci fi freaks

On Aug 8, 3:54*pm, wrote:
"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote:

* It's possible that the article writers were referring to "BBC-America"
* bringing the US Torchwood and now Primaeval? *At least that'd be my
* take on it. *Granted, not sure why the writers would think that BBC-
* America actually "makes" shows, then again, alot of friends here are
* convinced that *the* BBC is the same thing as BBC-America (which it
* really isn't).

I don't even know what BBC-America is. Does it exist to distribute BBC
programs in the USA? As far as I know, it's not an actual *channel*, is
it? Then again, I have analog cable, so that might be why I haven't
heard of it - maybe it's just on digital?

--
Joyce * ^..^

Yes, actually. BBC-America *is* a channel available in many areas of
the US. It's generally not considered a "premium" channel (like
Showtime, HBO, and the Encore channels), but it is always above the
basic plan (at least it has always been that way here) that cable and
Dish providers offer. I think it is part of the digital programming
(here at least). Not sure about elsewhere.

That's where I got introduced to Graham Norton. And Ground Force and
Trading Spaces and Home Invaders. I've always enjoyed at least one
show on their programming, at any given time.