Old August 12th 08, 05:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Default For all you sci fi freaks

On Aug 12, 9:26*am, "CatNipped" wrote:
"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in ...
On Aug 11, 11:53 am, "CatNipped" wrote:

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in
messagenews:3491379e-1026-

That's where I got introduced to Graham Norton. And Ground Force and
Trading Spaces and Home Invaders. I've always enjoyed at least one
show on their programming, at any given time.

I like "Coupling" too.

Nose Kisses,

CatNipped- Hide quoted text -

Yes. *I was actually looking forward to the American version, until I
saw about 10 minutes of it. *How can you take something so absolutely
perfect, with loads of innuendo and some not so "innuendo", but not
really alot of "bad" stuff (whatever that is), and completely ruin
it? *The show is something of a hit when it aired on BBC-America. *Why
mess with a chemistry that worked?

Actually, I know how, put in people who have absolutely no character
whatsoever, do NOT have a character that any viewers might find
offensive, and take out any double entendres so parents won't have to
explain to their children why they are laughing so hard (as though the
kids don't know *exactly* what was being said eye roll).

Same thing with Absolutely Fabulous.

Smokie Darling (Annie)

I *SO* love AbFab!! *I have the DVD of one of the seasons (can't remember
which and I'm at work so can't check). *That show ranks right up there with
Fawlty Towers for me (I have that DVD too). *Have you ever seen "Red Dwarf"?
That's more on-topic for this thread, but still an absolutely unique British
show. *I adore having "BBC America" - before that I had to catch those shows
on PBS and had to sit through hours of donation begging.

Nose Kisses,

CatNipped- Hide quoted text -

I love Eddie and Pats. Particularly Patsy. I have friends that are
alot like her (particularly the drinking and not eating part), except
that she's funny and they are just kind of sad. Then there are the
scenes between Edina and Saffron... A relatively normal child? From
that? snicker. I always know I can laugh when I see that show,
there will be something that just cracks me up.

I used to like the Rocky Mountain PBS, but then they decided that they
would have pledge drives through every single really good episode they
show. I just stopped bothering, except for the rare shows (like the
Memorial Day Concert).

Smokie Darling (Annie)