Old February 14th 04, 06:11 PM
MaryL

"CK" wrote in message
I just picked up this link on the Finnish cat ng.
http://www.helsinginsanomat.fi/tuore.../1076151926858

The link leads to the Helsinki newspaper - Helsingin Sanomat - site,
which unfortunately is all in Finnish, but here's the gist of the
article (*very* rough translation):

The City of Helsinki Rescue Department has provided pet stores and vets'
offices with stickers that say that there are pets living in the
apartment. This free sticker should be fastened to the front door in
case of a fire, so that rescue workers can take the pets into account too.

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) yahoo (dot) com

I have something similar. Also, I have seen recommendations that signs like
this should be posted on the refrigerator. According to the article (and I
can't remember now where I saw it), firefighters are trained to look on the
refrigerator door for emergency information.

MaryL