Old September 4th 03, 07:24 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 11:04:33 -0600, m. L. Briggs
wrote:

On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 12:06:43 GMT, Bob Avery wrote:

On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 14:57:47 -0600, m. L. Briggs
, tried to sniff my butt and growled:

On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 19:59:30 GMT, Bob Avery wrote:

Anyone in the midwest (Central Iowa) My Siamese cats, Tuggles and
Midge are very important to me. But recently I've moved in with a
girlfirend who is allergic REALLY allergic. We've tried every
prescription the doctor could give and even a couple of herbal
remedies.

She can't stand to be in the house for the way it affects her
breathing and sinuses. I am terribly sad to say I have to get rid of
Tuggles and Midge. They are very nice 3 yr olds and play together
well, but I just can't have them any more.

If anyone knows the best way to get them into a good home, I would
appreciate the advice. I want to see them go somewhere nice and would
take any option before I have to have them euthanized. But time is of
the essence. I need to find somewhere for them fast, or I may have to
have them put down.

Thanks,

Bob

Has she considered desensitization shots? What other
things is she allergic to?

Dogs too. I don't know of anything else. What is a desensitization
shot?

Bob

I am sorry about your girlfriend"s allergies. An allergist can,
through tests, determine a specific allergy (or allergies) and create
a shot to be given at regular intervals to build up resistance to that
particular thing. It may take a while, but can be very successful
Allergies are usually hereditary. I and my family all have allergies.
By the time I was 19 I had to discontinue perfumes and makeup. I was
allergic to my bosses aftershave etc.
Another thing, if you brush and comb your cats daily, use an
electronic filter in the house , it really can help. When my son was
about five, I had to eliminate the rug in his bedroom and put covers
on the mattress , get rid of feather pillows, etc. (There are lots of
books on allergies). I even had a mohair chair. I had to get rid of.
Well, enough of this -- it could go on forever. I personally feel
that allergies today are aggravated by air pollution, which only seems
to get worse. Best of luck in our endeavors. MLB

PS One of the worst offenders is cigarette smoke! Another is dust.