Old April 14th 05, 07:03 AM
-L.

jmcquown wrote:
Yeah, BUT, IRA's are funds set aside pre-taxes. When I got my

partial
distributions I had them withhold tax. I also talked with my tax

advisor
AND with an IRS Rep. I'm unemployed, my sole income is ME and I have
medical expenses so I allegedly qualify for partial distributions

without
the penalty for early withdrawal. We shall see next year.

I'm still sorry to hear you got hit so hard. That sucks. They

really
shouldn't tax retirement savings, IMHO.

Jill

I don't have any problem with it. Look at how many people can't afford
an IRA at all...it's pretty much a luxury.

I don't really understand why people complain about having to pay taxes
at the end of the year when they have underpaid. Your witholding is
under your control and it's not that difficult to figure out how much
you should have withheld, to break even.

-L.