Old April 5th 06, 02:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default It's official!

"Freight Train Jones" wrote in message
ups.com...

cybercat wrote:

"I'm only hanging on
To watch you go down...my love"

Souunds to me like she's no sucker

And he is feeling sorry for himself.

They are

cut adrift but still floating

they are

both going down!

No, that's just him performing emotional
blackmail.

as in... remember the Titanic? Rose watched Jack go down
it's not some petty idea that finds satisfaction in saying, haha
~~

The nature of poetry (and that is what these lyrics are)
dictates that it is open to interpretation. You have no way
of knowing what Bono meant, any more than I do.
Therefore your interpretation is no more valid than
mine.

To me, he sounds grasping, bitter, and vindictive,
feeling free to judge her blaming her and yet refusing
to look at himself critically.He prefers to be a tragic
figure, rather than act constructively to figure out how
he has alienated her. The logic goes, "if she has
withdrawn from me she must do that with everyone."

Humbug.

But more importantly: blueberry whole wheat waffles
and bacon and good, strong coffee.

After work I'll be on the road, hopefully before closing
time.