Old May 31st 06, 01:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Warming icy kitty toes

This morning Dennis got up before me. This is an *extremely* rare
occurrence! Vino went out in the living room with him for a few
minutes, but then wanted back in the bedroom to keep an eye on me. It's
me he gets food from, not Dennis, and he knows this fact well!
Anyway, he came walking up to me on the bed and put an icy paw on my arm
that was sticking out from under the covers. He made a weird little
mrrrp and settled down with his 2 cold front paws pressed against my
arm. Seconds later, he wiggled his back end around so that all 4 of his
icy paws were pressed against my arm. He began purring contentedly.
When his paws were all toasty warm, he told me it was time to get up and
serve breakfast. Naturally I obeyed :-)
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness