Old December 27th 07, 05:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
birdsong

Default The stigma of owning a cat.

Hi there,

So sorry to hear what you are going through.

I had a similar experience with friends in college after the loss of a
pet. After seeing how many people did not understand my tears that day
when I explained I lost a pet, I decided from that moment on that
anyone who didn't "get it" was then told, "I'm sorry, I lost a dear
friend today." They understood. I never had to tell them the species
of my friend.

Perhaps you can do the same...a friend or family member is in the
hospital. Anyone who hans't loved a cat will never quite "get it." For
those of us who have, we can't see it any other way but that it is a
true friend and family member.

Hope your cat will be okay. You must be so worried.

Donna in CT