Old October 13th 04, 09:43 AM
Ashley

wrote in message
Here is a show report for the ACT Cat Alliance Inc, Canberra Australia

Sounds like a great time, Maureen.

I'm interested to know from you what are the bylaws regarding cat ownership
in ACT. I've just spent a week in Melbourne and was struck, about two days
in, by the fact that I hadn't seen even one cat. During my entire 6 days, I
did see one cat, once. This is so different from New Zealand, where cats are
favourite family pets, and where I get to know many of the neighbourhood
cats on my walks.

I understand the reason is Victoria's state laws and Melbourne's bylaws
regarding containing cats (which seems such a foreign concept to a New
Zealander!) so I'm interested to know what happens in other parts of
Australia.