Old October 17th 16, 01:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

Default Buffy and I are Fine

On Thu, 13 Oct 2016 18:49:16 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

Comcast was slow catching up with restoring their online service. Buffy
and I are fine, thanks!

The wind was pretty scary in the middle of the night (last Saturday)
when the hurricane came through. The wind was soughing. I love that
word. It was soughing through the trees. I have to tell you, it was
pretty darn creepy. It wasn't enough to keep me awake, though.

Buffy heard things blowing around and crashing out back. She pretty
much glued herself right next to me in bed.

She also wondered the next night why we were sitting around with an oil
lamp on the table. Well, not specifically but... um, something is
different.

Ironically, I have hurricane (oil lamps). They do actually shed much
more light in a room than battery operated LED lanterns.

The rain was blown ahead of the storm. No flooding, no storm surges.
Thankfully!

Oh, but on the other side of the island the marina is gone. This is what
is left of it:

http://www.islandpacket.com/news/loc...107390312.html

Has anyone caught up with how djk and his mother, Marlo and the other
cats fared?

I got my internet connection back around noon today.

Someone on Dataw fed the feral cats before evacuating. They posted
wondering if anyone knows what happened to the cats. I wish I did know.
I hope they were able to find shelter.

Jill

We're fine also. Just some wind and rain, and not much rain at that.
But it was just luck. It could have been very bad.