Old July 31st 08, 11:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default I saw the cat in my garage!

jmcquown wrote:
kilikini wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
I just went out to the garage, and the cat food had been eaten, and
some of the water was gone.

I had put a ring of talcum powder on the floor around the food and
water.

The tracks didn't go very far, but some of them seemed to be headed
towards the big pile of old lumber. It is pretty large, and extends
2/3 the length of the north wall.

Way back in the corner, using a flashlight, I could see a little
fur! I got as close as I could, and I could see about 1/4 of him,
meatloafing on the floor, with a board mostly covering him.

He looks to be mostly a buff color, but I'd bet he's white on his
underside. I found some all white, and white with buff ends, fur on
my car.

He looks young, and pretty small, from what I could see. I could see
one green eye; it looked very big on his face; another reason to
believe he's small, and likely not full grown.

I couldn't get to him: there is a motorcycle, an old but working
microwave oven, and two bicycles I will never be able to ride again,
in the way.

I looked in that exact spot earlier (Monday? Tuesday?), so I'm sure
he moves around.

I need to trap him and get him out of that terribly hot garage.

But I don't know what to do, once I catch him.

This situation really bites. I feel so helpless.

Poor kitty. At least he's not hungry or thirsty. Tonight.

But how did he know to set up housekeeping in MY garage?

And let himself get locked in, several times?

That invisible sign that says 'Cat lover owns this garage' must
really have been working overtime, to get him to move into a
GARAGE, of all places.

Pity the sign didn't say "Financially challenged cat love lives
here. He can't help you. Go elsewhere, and find somebody with a lot
of extra money. THEY will find a way to help you" :-(

That's so sad! But, as you said, at least he/she has food and water
for now, but where is it going to the bathroom? Do you even have a
cat trap or have access to one?

kili

I wish I were back home at the moment. I have one of those 'have a
heart' animal traps, never unpacked from the box, in my storage shed.
Alas, I'm not there. Animal control (at least in Memphis) will rent
one out for a small refundable deposit. There's a thought.

Jill

When I trapped Shadow I borrowed the trap from the vet for a refundable
deposit, the deposit was deducted from the neautering bill.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart