Old November 8th 10, 01:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

Default Paranoid feral female

On Fri, 5 Nov 2010 17:02:42 -0400, "cshenk" wrote:

"dgk" wrote

else. Cats that are not socialized by that time or are just truly
feral will never be comforable inside and probably should be left
outside.

Interesting POV but not one I have experienced with my current or past
ferals.

They're all different of course. Four of the young cats that were in
the TNR were from the same litter, hanging out in a neighbor's
backyard. Two of those were touchable and two were the true ferals.
They haven't been treated any differently, just getting fed by the
neighbors and essentially being on their own.

There was a litter of four in front of my house and we started
socializing them (much to their feral mother's horror) within two
weeks. We'd pick them up and hold them almost daily. One ended up
getting run over by a car but the other three all have homes now. I
doubt that would be the case if no one had made sure that they knew
that people could be trusted.