Old July 13th 03, 04:19 PM

Karen Chuplis wrote:
If you've read Brandy's past posts, you might see why we don't think it's so
"cutesy".

I don't suscribe to the idea that you should follow around a poster and
decide that everything they write is evil even if you dislike them.

Some one can do something and not mean anything bad by it even if they
have done other bad stuff. So far from what I've seen people are ****ed at
her for declawing her cat, but that doesn't mean she was saying she now
disliked the cat for this thing. She was just venting! I've vented about
my cats before, doesn't mean I'm turning them into the shelter or don't
love them.

I know how she feels. I had some one jump down my back when I first got my
Siamese and I was nervous and posted it. She immediately decided that
meant I was giving my cat back... because I had gotten her from a breeder
and had said that I had nothing against breeding cats before that post (as
long as the breeder is "responsible" which is where teh disagreement
starts because some people feel ther eis no responsible breeding).
So therefore I was labeled as an evil owner and anything I said that
indicated fear or negativity must mean that I was just going to throw that
cat away. Just because I had posted something before that some one
disagreed with. Therefore any future posts must be bad.

Well, I still have her. She took 3 months to let me get close to her and
is still somewhat timid, but she is totally attached to me. And I wouldn't
be bragging about it except to show how wrong that person is, but I know
(especially after meeting some people) that a lot of epople would have
just either returned the cat or put her in the shelter when she didn't
stop hissing and hiding in the closet. I swear, at one point I thought I
was going to have a decorative cat only, but I wasn't about to turn her to
the shelter.

One behavior you dislike doesn't necessarily mean she's going to do
everythign you dislike. I don't like declawing one bit and I think it
should be illegal, but because some one declaws doesn't mean they are
necessarily going to be horrible owners in other fields (like taking it
out on the cat when the cat does something it can't necessarily help).

Alice

--
The root cause of problems is simple overpopulation. People just aren't
worth very much any more, and they know it. Makes 'em testy. ...Bev
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) Cat by Felix Lee.