Old February 21st 07, 06:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Emily's return to the vet's

"Bobcat" wrote:
A year ago Emily visited the vets for a general checkup, and I posted
a description of her "performance" - the only word for it. A year has
gone by and I'm just back from another of Emily's star turns. It was
deja vu all the way, except for one thing. This year I prepared Dr.
Beck for Emily's exam by printing out my newsgroup post (below) which
referred to Emily's habit of purring, thereby making hearing her
heartbeat difficult. So Dr. Beck tried a new silencing technique. She
soaked a wad of cotton in alcohol, lined up her stethoscope on Emily's
chest, and suddenly brought the cotton to Emily's nose. Startled, she
froze -and stopped purring just long enough for Dr. Beck to hear her
heartbeat. The exam over, Emily left the scene leaving Dr. Beck to
plan NEXT year's cat-silencing strategy!

She's very much a charmer.