Old December 13th 04, 07:46 PM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 09:24:07 -0500, Howard Berkowitz
yodeled:

In article ,
wrote:

Howard Berkowitz wrote:

And your furkids' preferences?

They would most likely enjoy hearing a program that features loud
kitten mewing.

I'm not that would have much value as a burglar deterrent, though.

Joyce

Vaguely apropos, there was a privately made tape, circulating among
classical music stations, of something called "The Cat Cantata". It
consisted of Beverly Sills and Elizabeth Schwarzkopf meowing at one
another, in top operatic form.

It's by Rossini, who was a cat lover- the name is "Aria per Due
Gatte." I sang it myself in college. The recording was really
Schwarzkopf with Victoria De Los Angeles. I think it's out of print,
but I'll check.

Unfortunately, I never had advance warning of when it was going to be
played so I could record it. Does anyone know if it's available?

Theresa