Old November 28th 10, 03:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Why do they like Chinese tea so much?

Pat wrote:

EvelynVogtGamble wrote:

"UNDYED"??????? *I've never encountered tea that was not the color
nature MADE it! *("Green" tea is simply picked sooner, I think -
although there may be a drying process involved for what I consider
"normal" tea, like Oolong and English Breakfast.)

Yes, undyed.... Most "regular" tea like Lipton's has been treated with
dye - in fact lots of people use it to dye fabric - which is why it
leaves a bad stain on anything where it's been spilled. You can't do
this with undyed tea.

I've always suspected that of Thai iced tea, which turns the water a
vivid rusty red. (God only knows what I'm putting in my body when I drink
it, but I love the flavor.) But I had no idea that other tea was dyed.

Why on earth would anyone dye tea to begin with? Because customers want
their tea to have a pretty color? But if nobody had ever dyed tea to begin
with, it probably wouldn't even occur to anyone that tea should have any
other color. Potatoes have a boring color, after all, but I haven't heard
anyone suggest that they should be dyed.

Joyce

--
Cats' hearing apparatus is built to allow the human voice to easily
go in one ear and out the other. -- Stephen Baker