Old September 23rd 11, 02:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Need a cat gracy recipe or a cat friendly gravy recipe

"hopitus" wrote in message
On Sep 18, 2:01 pm, Catlady wrote:
On Sep 18, 12:28 pm, "Matthew"
wrote:

Well she has trouble chewing. We have found she will still drink the
gravy
or juices. So I have been squeezing various pouches out for her to
eat. WE
have tried that liquid supplement ,chicken broth chicken stock gravy in
the
jars and cans she ignores it , tried the senior vitamin supplement
paste
she ignores it.

(snippage)

Use a hand blender like this one
(http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-CSB-...-Watt-Immersio...
) and take any canned food she likes that is a pate and blend it with
water into a more gravy like consistency. Your cat will not get the
nutrition or calories she needs from gravy alone.

(snippage)
I was wondering about the nutritional value of just eating gravy/
juices exclusively; and
yeah, not great idea for regular regime. Snaggly licks all the gravy
off his gooshy food
(which he only gets every few days) so I just don't give him any
kibbles or treats till he
comes back and finishes the actual food left from the can in his bowl.
He would like to
get just gravy but I outsmart his likes.
So....pulverized allergy-free food inserted from a syringe with a
large enough snout end
to handle finished product would give much better nutrition value.
Where could you buy
syringe with business end that big?

No mystery - any drug store will have them.

Jill