Old October 5th 09, 04:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats
cyberpurrs

Default Catfoods

"jmc" wrote in message
Suddenly, without warning, Kelly Greene exclaimed (10/3/2009 6:59 PM):
Which dry cat foods have the highest content of meat? I looked at many
bags at PetsMart this week and the second ingredient is always corn or
some other grain. Cats are not grainavores. I did pick up a bag of
Purina. She gets a meaty canned food in the evening but I don't like
leaving canned food out all day. She's a new cat that wandered in and
very boney, starved, so I'd like to keep food in front of her as much as
possible until she gains some weight. What dry food do you cat owners
recommend?

Look for Wellness Core, I don't think that has any grains. If you can
find a specialty pet store, they'll have more varieties.

Evo is also good, though my cat won't touch it.

I think you hit on an important factor here--they have to want to eat the
food, esp. the skinny ones! Gracie gets what she wants because she tips the
scale at 7.5 lbs and does not like many foods.