Old July 16th 08, 08:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default KFC today

Christina Websell wrote:
.
Was it somewhere on this newsgroup, or on some TV program, that I learned
that although the "hunting" part is instinctive, a cat must be TAUGHT to
eat its prey?

I think they need to learn not how to eat it but how to deliver that killing
bite. Boyfie was useless at that for years. He would bring prey into the
house and let it go, alive. Fortunately he's got the hang of it now.

Well, of course they have to kill it before they can eat it ;-). I
thought they also had to learn it was edible, although I suppose a
homeless cat would probably experiment out of sheer hunger. (Sometimes
necessity is an effective teacher.)