Old February 12th 15, 09:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe[_2_]

Default Counting stray cats while cycling at night

I bought a powerful LED headlamp. Took it for a ride after dark two
nights ago. It was warm out but having the thing strapped to my forhead
at eye level, it is so powerful I could see what looked like moderate to
heavy snowfall that was probably actually teeny tiny specks of pollen.
It was not mist, unfortunately.

Perhaps more importantly... In my peripheral vision, in the light's
outer coverage area, without turning my head to look, I could see all
the little pairs of cat eyes peering at me on the way to the store.

The modern LED headlamp is like having car headlights strapped to your
forhead.