Old February 15th 15, 09:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
buglady[_2_]

Default Counting stray cats while cycling at night

On 2/13/2015 6:28 PM, John Doe wrote:
Having fewer stray cats in Europe nowadays probably helps keep the
bubonic plague away. You all were nearly wiped out and traumatized by
the bubonic plague, makes sense that you are scared to death of stray
animals. I hope something like that never happens here, but I fear it
could.

...........Huh? Bubonic plague comes from fleas on rats or other
rodents. Cats killed rats. Unfortunately cats can be killed by the
plague too, so things only got worse over time. The major factor of
spread was the rats on the ships, which transported it all over. And
there already is bubonic plague here popping up occasionally in AZ.

http://www.azdhs.gov/phs/oids/vector/plague/

..........She's saying the cats in the UK are owned, not strays, not that
there aren't cats all over outside.

buglady
take out the dog before replying