Old January 18th 17, 08:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

Default The Case Of The Stolen Shoelace

On 1/18/2017 2:26 AM, John Kasupski wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jan 2017 23:25:47 -0800, Joy wrote:

On 1/17/2017 8:42 PM, John Kasupski wrote:

I guess when you expect nothing at all, that's when you get the
most wonderful surprises.

Yes, and cats are just the ones to give you those surprises.

Here's another such surprise. I've had her litter box in the hallway upstairs
since day one - the bathroom is too small. I use the type of filler that clumps,
and I scoop it daily. I take it in the bathroom, sit down on the toilet lid with
the box on the floor in front of me, and sift the filler with a kitty scoop,
dropping the waste material into a plastic bag so when I'm done I can just tie
it off and carry it outside to the trash.

Minnie stands there and watches me do this every time without fail...and at some
point before I reach the end of the process, she will turn and walk out and go
stand in the hallway waiting for me to finish - and I have noticed I never, ever
find any more waste material in there after she walks out. Every day for two and
a half months...not one single solitary piece more after she walks away. It's as
if she remembers exactly what she buried in there, and where - and when she
walks away, she's telling me, "I guess you don't know it yet, boy, but your work
is done here." Which for all I know is precisely what's happening.

When she sees me finally put the scoop away, she helps put on the finishing
touches by jumping inside and happily putting several paw prints in the filler
that I've just carefully smoothed out nice and even on top for her. I call that
getting her stamp of approval. :-)

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls, NY

LOL! I understand some cats wait for the box to be cleaned so they can
immediately get in and use it.

Joy