Old April 22nd 05, 11:45 PM
Mary

"Charlie Wilkes" wrote in message
On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 13:32:57 -0400, "Mary" wrote:

"Charlie Wilkes" wrote in message
.. .
Today she abandoned her hidey-hole and perched on the stub wall that
encloses the shower cabinet. She stayed there all day. I went in the
bathroom several times and took some pictures, and she didn't budge.

I got a better look at her when she was sitting in front of the nanny
cam, and she looks pregnant alright. She is eating well.

I posted a couple of new pix at:

www.geocities.com/wallofgrays/catcam.htm

Charlie, that terror-stricken look on her face just
tears at my heart. She surely looks like a true feral.
If she comes to love you--and I bet she will--she
might prove to be the sweetest cat you have ever had.

Her anxiety eats at me too, because it is a form of acute suffering.
I don't like doing it this way, and I'm not trying to make her into a
pet. As you say, she is a true feral. I want to help her with some
things she can't do for herself and then release her. If she decides
to warm up to me, that will be a nice bonus.

Charlie

But Charlie, she is meant to be a pet. It is just by a nasty
accident of fate and irresponsible humans that this pretty
girl was on her own. No matter whether she warms up
or not, whether you keep her or let her go after you
have her spayed, she will be better off. One less--
actually many less, including her kittens--suffering
cat in the world. Way to go. I want to see those
kittens!!!