Old April 23rd 05, 01:40 AM
KellyH

"Charlie Wilkes" wrote
Her anxiety eats at me too, because it is a form of acute suffering.
I don't like doing it this way, and I'm not trying to make her into a
pet. As you say, she is a true feral. I want to help her with some
things she can't do for herself and then release her. If she decides
to warm up to me, that will be a nice bonus.

She may become less freaked out after she has the babies and she's spayed.
Many regular housepet pregnant and mother cats get really freaky, all the
hormones in their system and the overwhelming urge to defend their kittens.
It's really a good sign that she's out from the hidey-hole. When I first
brought Antonio home (he's semi-feral), I didn't see him for a week, unless
I went looking for him. Once she starts seeing you as the source of food,
this will start her warming up to you. You may also try having a radio on a
calm station in the bathroom a few hours a day, so she gets used to sounds
and human voices.

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net