Old April 9th 09, 01:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

Default Duffy's physical exam (good)

Duffy had his exam this week and received an excellent health report. The
reason I'm reporting is that the vet said he has "extraordinary" muscle tone
for a blind cat, especially around his hind legs. I have frequently posted
suggestions that people get a good cat tree, and I especially emphasize that
for blind cats. I think this report shows one of the benefits of a cat
tree. In addition to the pleasure it brings, it also has noticeable
benefits for physical strength. The only thing Holly can do that Duffy
can't do is Holly can run full-speed through the house and quickly turn
directions, leap high, etc. That is Duffy's one limitation, but he more
than makes up for it by being a little gymnast on the cat trees and other
climbing poles I installed for him. He will trot around at a surprising
rate of speed for a blind cat, but he would run into things if he tried to
emulate Holly on that. Incidentally, the vet also mentioned that his teeth
are in excellent condition (no dry food whatsoever).

MaryL