Old March 25th 16, 01:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

Default A Hunter's Guide to the Habitat and Behaviour of the Red Dot

On 3/24/2016 7:16 PM, Jack Campin wrote:
I recently got a laser pointer, used for one presentation but mainly
to entertain the furries.

Ollie is the one who really goes for it. My trigger finger gets
tired before he does. I've mainly used it on the bed and the
adjoining linen trunk, cushions and wall. He's all over everything
like a little ginger tornado.

The problem starts when I stop. Ollie stares at where the dot was
last. And stares. And stares. Goes away to do something else,
then comes back to stare some more, waiting for it to come back.
He's quite capable of keeping this up for a week, always staring
at the same point on the wall, where the dot vanished. If it was
last seen on the bed, he'll tentatively dig into the bedspread in
an attempt to unearth it.

With this degree of persistence he's *got* to succeed in eating
it eventually.

That's hysterical! Scarlett can do the exact same thing! Mostly because
my bedroom gets full sun all day and there's usually something always
catching light and reflecting it on the walls, but she'll look for it at
night. And look for it. And look for it. Night after night after night.

--
Cheryl