Old August 9th 04, 12:27 PM
Mark Werner

Default Transporting a cat on a long trip

I picked up a short haired cat at a shelter about 3 years ago. They
said she was about 5 years old at that time. Bringing her home in the
cat carrier still ranks among the most heart-wrenching experiences of
my life. She meowed constantly, sounded totally terrified.

After 3 years, she's worked out great, and I've become attached. Now,
I'm going to move within the next few months from Connecticut all the
way to Washington state. I'll be renting a 20 foot moving van and
driving myself across the country. The trip will take anywhere from 5
to 10 days, depending on how I hold up.

I can't see giving up the cat at this point. So, any suggestions on
how to get her through this trip? Or are there maybe services that
will do the transportation for me?

Any advice or links would be appreciated.

Thanks!