Old May 3rd 04, 01:32 PM
PawsForThought

From: "billn"

You asked for a follow up on our conversation in this thread and I promised
to do so. Posted it last Thursday, but in case it was so far up that it got
missed I'll repost it here in a new topic intead. :-)

Hi Bill,
I'm glad you posted it here because I did miss your post.

[He had symptoms of a UTI 3 times in a few month period. The last time the
symptoms reappeared even before the last bottle of clavamox was used up.
She then put him on Cefo-drops after a shot of dexamethasone. Anyway, it's
3 weeks since the last episode]

So, I don't have to worry about that and I just hope the symptoms don't come
back.

That's good news! I hope his symptoms don't come back either. Do you have him
on a canned diet?

I did ask just how she would obtain the sample and she told me that her
preferred method is the urocentesis [sp?], or the needle into the bladder.
I mentioned my concerns that I'd been told he'd be placed in a cage with an
empty litter box and she said there must have been a misunderstanding.
Well, maybe so, but I know what I was told. Just my opinion, but in that
place I think they should let the vets do the talking instead of the other
staff, then I wouldn't have spent all this time dreading this.

Her reasoning for the misunderstaning is that a cat may be placed in a cage
when brought in for urinalysis, but only if at the time of collection the
bladder is empty and some time has to pass for urine to be produced. I
guess if the owner can't stay or whatever...

But again, I know what I was told, and to me it's a case of someone of the
support staff just telling half the story.

I think vets should have little pamphlets or whatever that they can give to
clients to explain certain procedures. I think it would be so helpful.

But like I say, for now it can be avoided as long as he stays symptom free.

So, that's it for now, thanks for reading...

Thanks for letting me know, Bill.

Lauren
________