Old February 19th 04, 04:25 PM
Mary

"Mark Healey" wrote in message
I decided against declawing. It seems mean and they are really good
about peeing appropriately.

It is worse than mean, and you are a lovely person for understanding
that.

I decided to buy them. Not as easy as one would think. I checked

the
web sites of pet(smart/co) to see if they carried them. They both
claimed to, at $2.00 more than you can get them from the

manufacturer.
I went to the first store and it turns out that they only sell them
on-line, bummer. The second one only had clear ones. I bought them
anyway. $18.00 seems like a lot of money for $.50 worth of plastic
and two tubes of crazy glue. Hopefully they'll become popular

enough
for someone to knock them off and drive the price down.

I think training and trimming are easier. You do have to be patient
and persistent. A great deal of it lies in providing something they
would rather have at. I just bought my girl one of those $14.99 sisal
trays for the floor and she never goes near the couch any more.