Old June 25th 07, 11:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

Default Do cats get strep throat?

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
jofirey wrote:
Didn't the doctor test you for strep to be sure? They have tests that
give results quickly.

She took two swabs and rubbed them against my throat (ouch!). She said
they would do an instant test and a regular lab test. If the instant test
came back positive, it's positive, but if it comes back negative, it's not
always certain. I'm waiting for the phone call.

--

Good, I can stop acting like a momma bear. That is the right course of
treatment.

Hope you feel better very soon, if not already. Even if it isn't strep, its
a nasty.

Jo