Old July 11th 05, 12:12 AM
mlbriggs

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 04:33:23 +0000, Tanya cornell wrote:

I have a 16 year old cat whom I've adored for as many years. For the past
month or so he hasn't been grooming himself and has gotten really nasty
and dirty looking. He is an outside cat only because he wants to be.
We've tried to get him to come in but he refuses. His sight and hearing
are impaired his eating habits are good. Last night I took some scissors
and trimmed alot of mats out of his hair out of despiration. He just lay
there and let me do it and didn't move. I think he actually liked it. I
want to bathe him but fear him scratching me or worse yet something
happening to him since he is so old and all. If anyone could tell me what
to do I would be greatful. And also why he won't clean himself.

Get a good brush and use it every day. You can also get some kitty wipes
to help clean him. MLB