Old September 11th 04, 01:12 AM
mlbriggs

On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 07:29:31 -0700, Sunflower wrote:

olitter (PawsForThought) wrote in message ...

It sounds like cat acne most likely. Do you feed your cat from a plastic bowl?
They can harbor bacteria which can cause the feline acne. If you do, you
might want to switch to ceramic or stainless steel. You might also want to

The first time I heard that I really wondered. If you wash it regularly, how
much does it matter if it is more prone to bacterial growth than ceramic?

Then I got some plastic dishes (because it was a neat setup, not because I
disbelieved) and my girls almost immediately developed those little black
bumps. I switched back to stainless and the bumps went away. Oh, they
get one or two now and then, but the increase was really obvious with the
plastic dishes.

Incidentally, many ceramic pet dishes are expensive and the majority of
the stainless ones are bigger than a cat needs, and too deep -- my cats
hate sticking their faces in the one-pint bowls I was using. I wanted to
have a bunch of dishes so I could just chuck them in the dishwasher
instead of having to wash them constantly. So I went to Wal-Mart and
got a stack of Corelle "dessert dishes". They're small shallow bowls.
They're less expensive and lighter and fit in the dishwasher better than
ceramic dishes at the pet store. They are not for every cat because if
you step on the edge you can tip it up, but my cats have never had a
problem with them.

Catherine
Mandy & Judy

About 20 years ago I bought 10 Corelle saucers for my cat's food.
They are all still as good as new. I rinse them off then put in the
dishwasher. MLB