Old June 15th 06, 08:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default [OT] Maybe things are looking up

"Dan M" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 13:17:40 -0500, CatNipped wrote:

I really don't know why people resist taking anti-depressants when they
need
them. It should be viewed the same as a diebetic taking insulin -
there's
something your body needs to function properly and you shouldn't hesitate
take it. There is (or should be) no stigma in needing to adjust the
chemistry of your body when it is out of whack.

I'll second that! Taking anti-depressants isn't a sign of weakness. It's
just another medication to fix chemical imbalances. And I know that when I
went off antidepressants for a year or so I REALLY felt it. When your
brain isn't getting the right balance of norepinephrine or serotonin or
whatever other chemicals are involved, you can sure feel it.

I was pretty scared about being prescribed anti-depressants. I thought it
meant I was sort of mad, or something. What it actually meant was a prop
for me when a lot of awful things happened to me all at once and it really
helped. It took a few weeks to work instead of the instant fix I really
wanted. There is, of course, no "instant fix."

Tweed