Old May 12th 08, 07:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

Default Where'd our STUFF go?

"jmc" wrote in message
The movers came today, the house is empty except for the furniture that
belongs to the house (rental). Poor Meep... put her in her box this
morning, locked her in the bathroom... she hears strangers and weird
noises for some hours (she's afraid of anyone but us) ... then I let her
out and EVERYTHING IS GONE! She's wandering around the house, looking
at shelves and into corners. Again and again. Reminds me of when you
open the fridge for the 5th time in 10 minutes, like a piece of
chocolate cake will magically appear or something

I do think she understands what is going on, and that the next step is a
long trip in her box and yet another new house. She doesn't know that
the new house should be cool - back to a forested area, so should be
plenty of "kitty tv" after dark. A small deck which I'll make "Meep
safe" so she can be out there without danger of falling off. Culdesac,
so quieter than this place.

Wish I could tell her. As it is all I can do is give her treats and
attention.

This will be her last overseas move. She's 12 in a couple of days, and
I'm not going to put her through this again.

Jodi

I'm hoping once she's settled in after a few months and realizes she isn't
going anywhere, she'll have fewer and less frequent bouts with FIC.

Best of luck,

Phil