Old April 2nd 09, 02:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel[_2_]

Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA
Default Pardon My Absence and Purrs to All (Mostly OT)

You sure have had a lot to bear, Jill - we'll be thinking of you and Persia
and sending soothing purrs. Hope things go smoothly and quickly so you can
get your lives back together again.
Christine
"jmcquown" wrote in message
My oldest brother and his girlfriend arrived Sunday morning to pick up the
furniture from [my] house after my mother's death. Things haven't exactly
gone smoothly. Let's just say I'd reserved a rental truck (think UHaul)
but when circumstances required me to put it off for a day they'd already
rented the truck I'd reserved. (No, I wasn't charged for it.) I was
calling an alledgedly National toll-free number. They found a truck some
250 miles away for me to pick up (round trip)... you've got to be kidding
me.

Long story short, I did find a different rental company (NO THANKS, I
don't need suggestions! It's Settled!). I can pick it up any time I want.
They know what the meaning of RESERVED is, unlike the other place. But
because the weather down here has been nuts (torrential rain) I don't know
if that will be tomorrow (I sincerely hope so) or Friday.

Poor Persia, of course, freaked out when they arrived on Sunday. She hid
under the bed. She ventured out a couple of times, as far as the living
room (which is right outside of my bedroom), only to dash back in. There
has been a lot of packing of dishes and tchotchkes going on which is quite
noisy. And my brother is taking the bedroom set Persia [I've] been
sleeping on since she got here last May.

This morning I moved the night stands out of the room, and a bench by the
windows. (I moved the cedar chest over by the windows so she can still
get up and look out.) The dressers are going. She was hunkered under the
bed, WTF is going on? I keep apologizing to her and talking to her
soothingly. This is soooo disrupting her life.

Just wait until we break down the bed she hides under. I'll have to shut
her in the bathroom. The bed from the other room and a night stand for a
lamp will (temporarily) be moved into my room until I go and get my own
furnishings. The poor kitty girl has a few more days of this to endure.

Purrs for everyone. I don't know when I'll get back online again....
maybe next weekend.

Jill