Old April 2nd 09, 03:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

Default Pardon My Absence and Purrs to All (Mostly OT)

Poor Persia. To her its just a major disruption of her domain with no
explanation. Not to mention I'm sure the whole procedure has made her
mommy a bit tense and not as reassuring as usual.

At least us humans have the advantage of knowing some things just have
to be got through to get them over with.

Won't Persia be amazed when some of your/her things arrive from
Tennessee?

Jo

"jmcquown" wrote in message
My oldest brother and his girlfriend arrived Sunday morning to pick
up the furniture from [my] house after my mother's death. Things
haven't exactly gone smoothly. Let's just say I'd reserved a rental
truck (think UHaul) but when circumstances required me to put it off
for a day they'd already rented the truck I'd reserved. (No, I
wasn't charged for it.) I was calling an alledgedly National
toll-free number. They found a truck some 250 miles away for me to
pick up (round trip)... you've got to be kidding me.

Long story short, I did find a different rental company (NO THANKS,
I don't need suggestions! It's Settled!). I can pick it up any time
I want. They know what the meaning of RESERVED is, unlike the other
place. But because the weather down here has been nuts (torrential
rain) I don't know if that will be tomorrow (I sincerely hope so) or
Friday.

Poor Persia, of course, freaked out when they arrived on Sunday.
She hid under the bed. She ventured out a couple of times, as far
as the living room (which is right outside of my bedroom), only to
dash back in. There has been a lot of packing of dishes and
tchotchkes going on which is quite noisy. And my brother is taking
the bedroom set Persia [I've] been sleeping on since she got here
last May.

This morning I moved the night stands out of the room, and a bench
by the windows. (I moved the cedar chest over by the windows so she
can still get up and look out.) The dressers are going. She was
hunkered under the bed, WTF is going on? I keep apologizing to her
and talking to her soothingly. This is soooo disrupting her life.

Just wait until we break down the bed she hides under. I'll have to
shut her in the bathroom. The bed from the other room and a night
stand for a lamp will (temporarily) be moved into my room until I go
and get my own furnishings. The poor kitty girl has a few more days
of this to endure.

Purrs for everyone. I don't know when I'll get back online
again.... maybe next weekend.

Jill