Old July 28th 03, 12:54 PM
Rachel

izy aranh wrote:
Hello I am new to posting on newsgroups; I am wondering if anyone can
help me find a good online pet store that will ship frontline for cats
to the UK.
I have frankly had it with my vet and paying her the equivalent of $40
every 2 months just for her to walk in give me a smile and quick
thumbs up after having just barely glanced at my cat, I swear the
receptionist knows more than this woman.
So having even confronted her with the absurdity of paying her for the
privilege of buying frontline from her she recommended I may want to
try and find a method more suitable to me....if I could that is.
I figure while I am at it can anyone also tell me why this is still
prescription only from the vets in the UK when it is widely used as an
over the counter product in the USA, surely the first time it is used
maybe it would be a good idea having the vet (or her receptionist
around :-) after which really there should be no need for them if
kitty has shown no ill effects to the product.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks for reading.

I'm also in the UK, My cat has to have seen by the vet in the last 6 months
before you can buy Frontline. I buy the small spay bottle for around £20,
(it's been a while since I bought any). I just use a few squirts every
couple of months. I find you don't need to coat the animals entire fur in it
(as per the instructions) for it to be effective.