Old October 19th 06, 02:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Leah

Default Not the introduction i expected....

Perhaps i should clairify -
they are kept separately when i am not home, when i get home, the
bedroom door gets opened and they are free to explore eachother at
their leisure. Since the new gal doesnt really go under the bed, Otik
is safe if he wants to be, its just if he goes near her foodbowls or
tries to give her a sniff she goes kind of crazy. I was told to try a
squirt bottle to get her to keep to own food and leave his alone, just
a light squirt, no noise, to startle her just enough to make his food
unappealing. It seems to have worked, his bowl is sitting here full and
she is leaving it alone for the most part, and it only took maybe 5
squirts. I cant look at her without her running to her bowl thou. It
seems like they take 2 steps forward and then 1 step back, but its
looking a little better, i hope Im not jynxing myself by saying that.
Is there any medical reason she insists that she is starving every
second of every day even thou i am feeding her the recommended amount?
She seems to be a healthy weight, you can feel her shoulders but no
ribs, and she has a little gut. I think a lot of the issue would go
away if she would just calm down around food....
Thank you all for your help!