Old June 16th 04, 02:51 PM
Sherry

So I've been wondering, when each of you went in search of your past
or present cats or cat family, what was it about the cat or kitten
that "clicked" the first time you met? How did you make the decision
about whom to adopt?

Welcome! I love your cat's names. I look forward to hearing more about them.
You *definitely* have the credentials to join our group.
I only adopted one cat on purpose. The rest of them just "happened". But here's
the story. We busted a kitten mill and seized the cats/kittens. (Siamese).
There was one, longhaired masked kitten. I found out later that he was
Balinese, which is a genetic throw-off that creates a longhaired Siamese. He
was pretty and would have been adopted easily.
Anyway, I was thinking how the only cats I ever got were malnourished, or
neurotic, or somebody else's throwaway. I thought, "I *deserve* to have a
beautiful, nice cat like that." So I took him. (Funny how we justify things we
want!)
That sounds really stupid put down in words. But anyway, that's how I adopted
him.
Sherry