Old July 22nd 11, 05:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

Default Putting the S back (Not OT)

On Jul 22, 9:22*am, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

I have definitely missed some thread or other here. * Does this mean you are
getting a new kitten??

Hopefully yes on Monday- Sarsi has been so low I concluded last week
the options we
1 Get new kitten ( I did not say a word to Dave he raised it Monday)
2 Be prepared to pill Sarsi with Prozac on a daily basis

Since option 2 would have me and Dave also on Prozac option 1 looks
more attractive so I had a look for "free kittens in East London"
nope I am not being mean but in my general experience a lot of said
kittens are what I term "pre-rescue" (my home may be untidy but the
food is good, the tray gets cleaned, there's a slave on duty pretty
much 24/7 (we go out together sometimes but only now and again), the
water dish gets refilled, vets bills can be covered (the cats would
probably like to forgo that bit) etc in short we have a berth)- and
people giving free to good homes generally don't care what happens to
the kittens so I figure some little kitten has just won the feline
lottery because they could be given away and used as pit bull bait
etc. Anyway reading the ads ****ed me right off- people giving away
kittens because their landlord found out about the kitten and "won't
let me keep it" oh why didn't you check first? Or a 3 month old
called Oreo who is free to a good home complete with all her toys etc
because "We've now found we're going to have a baby staying and we
can't have her with a baby in the house" (I wanted her but when I
checked again the ad had been pulled so either she had a new home or
they've worked it out)

In short I found a kitten they want a tenner for her I texted them
Wednesday night and the guy called me yesterday- he doesn't speak much
English but we seem to have established I will turn up about 2PM
Monday with carrier, he doesn't sound remotely interested in what
happens to her, I expected to be asked about my intentions but his
main concern was I bring a carrier to take her there and then. I'm
unsure what will happen Monday but have been out today to buy new
feeding dishes etc- our big carrier is big enough for use as a kitten
pen whilst we do the introductions but fingers crossed it will work
out (can't pick her up before Monday as we are out most of this
weekend)

We wouldn't btw have done this if it was the other way round and Dunzi
was still here she would have been fine as an only cat I suspect so
we're just hoping:
1 We guessed Sarsi's mood correctly
2. She won't kill kitten on sight
3. I do get the kitten on Monday
4. We aren;t going to end up with a sick kitten who will die on us and
break our hearts

Anyway here's a link to her page on Gumtree

http://www.gumtree.com/p/pets/cute-a...itten/84272010.